Yoga-Born is an innovative six-class childbirth preparation series that integrates yoga with current information about labor and birth in an interactive, open-minded, fun and relaxing environment.
Yoga-Born is intended for everyone and is conducted in small intimate groups, allowing for individualized instruction as needed. No other class gives you the benefit of a complete childbirth education course while practicing the art of yoga, breath-work and meditation in preparation for this amazing time for you and your partner.
Yoga-Born will teach you and your birth partner:
- Tools for building strength, energy and flexibility during pregnancy using the ancient art of yoga
- Partner yoga and massage to manage pain during labor
- Breathing techniques, breath awareness, and relaxation strategies
- How to create a bond between each other, and your unborn child
- Optimal labor and birthing positions
- Signs of early labor and the stages of labor from start to finish
- How your body changes during pregnancy through each trimester
- Tips for coping with and minimizing common pregnancy discomforts
- Review of all options for pain relief during labor
- What to expect if the unexpected happens (cesarean birth, inductions, medical interventions, etc.)
Contact me about bringing Yoga-Born to your community! Click here for upcoming Yoga-Born classes.
”Motherhood brings as much joy as ever, but it still brings boredom, exhaustion, and sorrow, too. Nothing else ever will make you as happy or sad, as proud or as tired, for nothing is quite as hard as helping a person develop his or her own individuality– especially while you struggle to keep your own.”Marguerite Kelly and Elia Parsons
“I thought class would just be an easier yoga class. I enjoyed that you are taught some techniques to help with labor. I also enjoyed connecting with other pregnant women & their experiences.”